Passionate South Florida Lawyer Meeting Your Divorce and Family Law Needs
Knowledgeable Hollywood, FL attorney helping you achieve positive results
When facing sensitive family law issues, it is imperative that you have a legal representative with the experience and compassion to help you. At the Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon P.A., we guide you through the legal process and work closely with you to determine the best strategy for your circumstances. We understand that legal matters cause concern, distress and distraction in your life. We strive to protect our clients’ best interests by listening attentively and by providing comprehensive legal solutions. We take a progressive “team representation” approach to divorce and family law matters. You can be sure that you will receive reliable, understanding and effective family law services.
Handling complex family law matters
Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon P.A., has extensive experience dealing with a variety of complex and sensitive divorce proceedings. We handle cases involving:
- High-net worth property division. For high-net worth couples, the process of getting a divorce is often more complicated than for other couples. In Florida, property must be divided equitably, which does not necessarily mean equally. When a substantial amount of wealth is involved, the process can be more complicated. We review all of the assets and incomes of both spouses to help you understand what outcome to expect.
- Custody/Time-sharing issues. When it comes to determining child custody/timesharing and child support matters during a divorce, the court always looks at the best interests of the child. This can be complicated. We help you determine the best time-sharing and support plan, taking into account the health, education and overall well-being of your children.
- Paternity issues. When parents are not married, it makes the time sharing and support process more complex. We help unwed mothers secure child support by establishing the father’s identity. We also help fathers who wish to seek time sharing/visitation.
Our firm handles these complex issues and more. We know that the family law decisions you make will have lifelong implications for you and your children. We are here to help you through the most difficult legal problems.
Negotiating and drafting pre and post-nuptial agreements
We help couples draft fair pre and post-nuptial agreements in case of separation, as an extra layer of protection in the event of a divorce. Your prenuptial or postnuptial agreement may cover a broad range of issues, including:
- Property division
- Alimony terms
- What to do with your estate in the event that one of you dies
- Debt liability
Both parties must be willing to enter into the agreement and both must sign it. At Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon, P.A., we ensure that your pre-marital or post nuptial agreement is drafted in your best interests.
Modifying your Marital Settlement Agreement
As time goes on, your circumstances may change. You may realize that the terms of your divorce agreement no longer make sense for you or your children. At Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon, P.A., we can help you negotiate a new, fair agreement that benefits all parties involved. We handle post-divorce modifications involving:
- Alimony. If there is a substantial change in one or both spouse’s income, the terms of the alimony agreement may change. This can be because of a promotion, disability, job loss, remarriage or any other factor that may affect someone’s financial situation.
- Child support. A significant change in a financial situation will also affect the terms of a child support agreement. You must prove that your ex-spouse is either making much more or less, or that the financial needs of the children have changed, in order to modify the support terms.
- If a parent fails to regularly exercise the time-sharing in the parenting plan, that may be a basis to retroactively modify the child support.
- Time-sharing. If the previous parenting plan or time-sharing schedule is not working or the child’s needs or the parent’s lifestyle and circumstances have changed, then a modification of the timesharing arrangement might be necessary.
- If one parent decides to relocate to another state or county, a modification of time-sharing arrangement might be warranted. However, to obtain a modification of parenting plan or time-sharing arrangement, the moving party must prove a substantial change in circumstances.
In order to modify a marital settlement agreement, you or your spouse must have a substantial change in circumstances that has occurred since the entry of the Final Judgment. At Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon, P.A. we can help you determine if it is the right time for you to modify your divorce agreements.
Contact a compassionate Hollywood, Florida family law attorney today
We have the experience to handle any complex family law case, from sophisticated pre-and post-nuptial agreements to intricate post-divorce modifications. Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon P.A. is committed to delivering personalized, cost-effective and practical solutions for its clients. Call us today at 954.987.0824 or contact us online for a consultation. From our Hollywood office, we represent clients throughout Florida.