Experienced. Knowledgeable.
Passionate. Dedicated.

Understanding Florida Child Support

Parents always have a duty to support their children financially, whether they are married or not. When a couple with a child goes their separate ways, they must determine how they will continue to support that child. Florida law establishes legal guidelines to help parents know what to expect, but many people find they need the help of an experienced lawyer to guide them through the process.

At the Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon P.A., our attorney has over 23 years of experience providing dedicated and compassionate legal advice to clients in Florida. You can rely on her knowledge and professionalism to guide you through complicated questions regarding divorce, support, paternity or a host of other family law issues.

Factors That Guide Child Support In Florida

Although Florida’s child support guidelines can seem complicated, involving many factors, they really come down to five major factors, including:

Though some of these factors are fixed amounts, with little room for movement, we will still present your case in the best light possible for you. You may have special circumstances that affect your calculation.

How The Law Office of Pamela M. Gordon P.A. Can Help

Attorney Pamela M. Gordon is ready to help you understand the likely outcome of your child support calculation. In addition, we can help you if you need to establish paternity in order to determine a father’s child support obligation or if you are disputing paternity.

We also help clients enforce or modify existing support orders. Unfortunately, some parents stop paying support or do not pay the proper amount. Any change to payment or amount must go through the court system. The court does recognize that situations change over time and will modify a support order if a parent or child has a change in circumstances.

We Are Ready To Help

To find out more about how we can help, schedule an initial consultation. You can call our Hollywood office at 954-416-2535 or send us an email.